Our Rail Stations: Maydena and National Park
The Railtrack Rider is the only tourism product of its type currently operating in Australia. This unique selling point is further enhanced by the setting in which the product operates.
Railtrack Riders provides visitors with exclusive access into a tract of the southern Tasmanian rainforest via an historic rail line, that provides access to industrial relics of this time, now all but reclaimed by the forest.
Being pedal-powered, the Railtrack Riders allows visitors to travel at their own pace and fully experience the sights, sounds and smells of the rainforest.
Ride 1. Maydena to Florentine section. (2.4 Km + return = total trip 4.8Km) (time = about 60 minutes).
Ride 2. Maydena to Pig and Whistle section. (4 Km + return = total trip 8Km) (time = about 70 minutes).
Ride 3. National Park to Newbury road (3.5 Km + return= total trip 7 Km) (time = about 50 minutes).
Ride 4. National Park to Stephens’ Bridge. (6 Km + return = total trip 12 Km) (time = around 70 minutes)
Our Timetable from 10/9/2018:
Maydena Rail Station: 3 Mayne Street, Maydena.
Ride 1 or Ride 2 – we are OPEN on:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, at: 10am, 11.30am, 1pm, 2.30pm.
- (Bookings only) for Saturday and Sunday. (24hrs notice please)
National Park Rail Station: 11 Lake Dobson Road. National Park.
Ride 3 or Ride 4 – we are OPEN on:
- Saturday and Sunday at: 10am, 11.30am, 1pm, 2.30pm.
Please be at the rail station 10 minutes prior for seating and a discussion of your rail adventure.
- (Some weather conditions may cancel departure times)
- We have limited staff, So its better to book you seats 24 hours prior to your ride.
- Please text your bookings;
- to Geoff on mobile; 0427 206 864. (8am to 6pm)
What you should tell us in your booking enquiry:
- Provide your Surname ?
- How many people in your group?
- Date of your ride?
- Children’s ages for seating?
- Which ride you want? (eg; Ride 1, Ride 2, Ride 3 or Ride 4.)
Click the links below for more information
Please like us! see our pages click the Facebook icon below.